the Newborn Session
KRyan Photography has a brand new, state-of-the-art studio with everything needed for your newborn session. The studio is full of props including wooden bowls & boxes, blankets and wraps in many colors, and 100s of headbands and knit bonnets. Although you don’t need to bring a thing, if you would like me to incorporate something special to you, I just ask that you let me know ahead of time so I can plan your session around it.
During your session, we encourage moms and dads to relax ! The studio is equipped with WiFi, cable t.v. including Netflix, light snacks, microwave, refrigerator, Keurig with Starbuck’s coffees, juices and bottled water. You are more than welcome to bring breakfast or lunch to your session.
We are located at 923 Route 6A, Unit B Yarmouthport, MA.
Directions using Google Maps
KRyan Photography is also a proud Heidi-Hope Design Partner ! I have numerous Heidi Hope digital backgrounds for you to choose from to compliment your gallery.
About your session:
– Newborn sessions are shot ideally between day 6-14 of life; for that reason, it is recommended you try and schedule your session 2-3 months before your due date to assure availability !
– Your session can last 2-3 hours. You are welcome to relax during your session, nap, or bring something to do ! The studio has a t.v., small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. You are welcome to bring food with you.
– In anticipation of your session, please bring a pacifier (if your baby is taking one), as well as an extra bottle of formula if not breast-feeding.
– It will be warm ! The studio will be approximately 85 degrees in order to accommodate your newborn being in their birthday suit; please dress in layers to accommodate the temperature. A change of clothes can also be helpful in the event the baby goes to the bathroom on you.
– Please try and keep the baby awake as long as possible before the shoot to allow them to sleep easier when they arrive. If they fall asleep on the way over, that is fine.
– As a full belly aids with sleep, it is helpful to add in an extra feeding or two over the 12 hours preceding your session (an extra feeding or two).
– Sibling shots are generally attempted first. As we need a calm, quiet environment for newborn shots, although not required, it is suggested you have someone (grandparent, aunt etc.) take the siblings when done. Parent images are done right after, so Dad may also take them at this point.
– Newborn sessions are entirely “baby-led”, if for some reason your baby is not happy in a certain position, needs to nurse, or needs a break, I will follow their lead.
** Please realize the above are only guidelines, if you have any questions or concerns – don’t hesitate to contact me anytime !